Education is a basic human right because it increases knowledge and improves people’s quality of life. Women who are educated are better prepared to bring up children for a number of reasons:
- Educated women will have a better understanding of nutrition. Nutrition is a very important factor in ensuring that children are brought up healthily, and it is vital that mothers know what foods are best for their children.
- Educated women will be better equipped to prevent their children from becoming ill. Knowledge of hygiene, nutrition, and basic biology will help women to protect their children from illness, and treat their children if they fall ill.
- Women who have a good education are likely to get better jobs, and earn more money. They will have more resources to spend on their children’s healthcare, nutrition, and education.
- Women with good jobs are likely to have fewer children. This will allow them to focus their time, attention, and resources on the children that they do have, meaning that each child has a better chance at success.
- Educated women will be able to teach their children and help in their education, using the knowledge that they have gained through their education to make sure that their children are also well-equipped to do well at school, and further education.